2020 Seed Show Program
2020 CHAMPIONSHIP SEED, FEED AND FORAGE SHOW
1. All exhibits must have been grown in 2019 by the exhibitor and must have been exhibited at a county or district Seed Show in 2020, if one is available to them.
2. This show shall be designated the Championship Show for Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. To qualify for entry, the exhibits must be approved and entered by the Local County Seed Show, or the Ottawa Valley Seed, Feed and Forage Championship Show Committee.
3. Competition is open to those in the following counties: Argenteuil, Carleton, Dundas, Frontenac, Gatineau, Glengarry, Grenville, Hastings, Labelle, Lachute, Lanark, Leeds, Lennox & Addington, Papineau, Pontiac, Prescott, Prince Edward, Renfrew, Russell & Stormont.
4. All Exhibit entries must be submitted via AssistExpo, only by the local County Seed Show before 4:00 pm Thursday, March 12, 2020. Alternatively, they may be forwarded to:
Arlene Ross, Secretary-Treasurer
Ottawa Valley Seed Growers Association
Russell, ON K4R 1E2
5. All exhibits must arrive before 9:30 am Saturday, March 14, 2020 at the Greely Community Centre, 1448 Meadow Drive, Greely, Ontario. Once judging commences, a late entry will be deemed disqualified.
6. All exhibits become the property of the Ottawa Valley Seed Growers Association, except small seeds, which shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor or his/her representative at the conclusion of the show. Small seeds will be coloured.
7. Polyethylene bags will be supplied by the OVSGA at no cost to local Farm Show Committees or Soil and Crop Improvement Associations. These bags must be used for all seed, hay & silage exhibits.
8. The Show Committee reserves the right to take steps to ensure the identification of any or all exhibits in order to prevent use of fraudulent exhibits for mercenary purposes contrary to the acknowledged aims of seed fairs.
9. The Show Committee will not be responsible for loss or damage to any exhibit or for the return of the containers.
10. Any exhibitor violating any rule of the Show shall forfeit all prize money.
11. Any exhibit not meeting standard specifications and weight will be removed from the show.
12. Sub-committee Chairpeople will make final decision of eligibility of samples.
13. If, in the opinion of the judge, an exhibit is not worthy of first place, a prize worthy of the entry will be awarded.
PEDIGREED SEED SHOWCASE
A pedigreed seed showcase highlighting the founding principles of the Ottawa Valley Seed Growers Association will be continued in 2020. The goal is to encourage all pedigreed seed growers to remain active in the industry and the OVSGA.
The Ottawa Valley Seed Growers will continue to support the growers of Pedigreed Seed in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. Space will be offered to showcase samples of their 2019 seed production. New varieties are encouraged. Open to all Pedigreed Seed Growers who hold a valid Crop Certificate and all lots must meet the requirements of the Seed Act and Regulations. Ottawa Valley Seed Growers will sponsor each exhibit of seed per grower at the current retail value. Seed will then be sold at the Prestigious Pedigreed Seed Auction with proceeds to charity.
Each seed grower exhibit will consist of 3 units of seed and a 2.5 kg sample for display purposes.