GENERAL MANAGER, OTTAWA VALLEY FARM SHOW
Reporting directly to the Executive of the Ottawa Valley Seed Growers Association (OVSGA), the OVFS General Manager is responsible for managing all details of the successful Ottawa Valley Farm Show (OVFS) held in March of each year. Visit www.ottawafarmshow.com for full job description.
The OVFS General Manager is a part-time position working primarily from your home office in Eastern Ontario or Western Quebec. Participation in Board and Committee meetings, approximately 10 to 12 per year, is required. Full-time commitment is required for the weeks immediately before and during the Show.
The OVFS General Manager is responsible for:
- Coordinating Show exhibits
- Planning and implementing all Show events, activities and operations
- Developing and implementing thorough and effective marketing and communications plans
- Negotiating and managing all contracts related to the Show
- Managing all Show expenses and income
- Developing and implementing our Vision
Requirements and Skills
- Positive attitude with ability to lead, delegate and foster team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional marketing and media relations skills
- Results oriented with attention to objectives, details, deadlines and confidentiality
- Work well independently and as a team member with staff and volunteers
- Ability to negotiate and find creative solutions while using good judgement
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous experience planning and implementing logistics of major events
- Proven experience working with volunteers and a Board of Directors
- Proficient computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the agribusiness industry
- Fluency in both English and French
Forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4 pm, Tuesday October 10, 2017.